The Haunting of
The largest house in Riverfish, Massachusetts, Harvey House was built in 1880 by Dr. Theodore Harvey, who enjoyed collecting exotic animals. After being tragically strangled by his pet boa constrictor in 1895, the house passed to his daughter Matilda, who met a similar fate at the hands of the family’s pet kangaroo. Since then, the house has passed to various different owners. No one has lived in the house more than three years.
On 7 September 2016, junior RVPS investigators Violet Weller and Finn Yang spent two hours investigating this haunted home from 8:00 PM to 10:00 PM. The investigation was initially intended to run until 11:00 PM, but was limited by Finn’s parent-imposed curfew due to his younger brother’s early-morning soccer game. The investigators were armed with a digital camera, an audio recorder, and a standard-issue RVPS journal, which was used to document the following evidence.
- Shadow figure spotted three times
- Glowing orb seen 5 times (documented)
- Class A EVP recorded at 10:52 PM; upon further review voice seemed to be saying "Get Out"
- Investigator Violet felt an unexplained tug on her hair
- Heard footsteps on the unoccupied second floor and coming down the stairs
Pending further investigation. While the EVP strongly suggests paranormal activity, evidence remains inconclusive.